Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Visual Treat

The much awaited Part I in the seventh and final saga of the Harry Potter series: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is finally here. Unlike the last movie based on the sixth installment in the series, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which was very disappointing, this movie will be quite a treat for all the HP series fans. Directed by David Yates, who also directed the fifth (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) and sixth film, this film is visually excellent with impeccable special effects.



I have not read the books (only seen the movies) but I hear from those who have read the series that this film is very close the book, which I am sure will make the fans very happy. The movie was really captivating and therefore, I didn't even notice that it was two and half hours long and wanted to see more. For a moment I forgot that it was only Part I and was quite sad when the closing credits rolled because now I have to wait seven and half months to watch how the series ends.

The only disappointing part for me in the film was that Hermoine and Ron have yet to profess their so-obvious love for each other and kiss. I hope I will not be disappointed yet again in Part II, which releases on July 15, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment