Friday, June 5, 2015

Excellent Screenplay!

Of the three movies I have seen this week, Dil Dhadakne Do may be the best one! I have awaited this Bollywood film, directed by Zoya Akhtar, for quite a while, preparing myself by listening to the awesome soundtrack on a daily basis. I was nervous that it would not meet my expectations because of the mixed reviews I have been reading. However, much to my joy, it exceeded my expectations - I absolutely loved it!

The movie includes an ensemble cast consisting of Anil Kapoor, Shefali Shah, Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma and  Farhan Akhthar among others. All performances especially those of Anil Kapoor and Shefali Shah were really good. We definitely need to see more of Shah on the big screen! The credit also goes to the well-written script, which touched on many on-going issues in the South Asian culture including women's equal rights, divorce, familial and societal pressures that children from South Asian families face. I highly recommend this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment