Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's All About Love!

Gary Marshall's latest directorial venture, Valentine's Day, has an ensemble cast of some of the most good looking and talented actors and actresses of Hollywood, including Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner, Anne Hathaway, Topher Grace, Julia Roberts, Patrick Dempsey ("McDreamy"), Eric Dane ("McSteamy"), Bradley Cooper, Queen Latifah, and Jamie Foxx.



As the title suggests, the story line revolves around Valentine's Day, considered by some as the most romantic day of the year because it is the day of love. The movie showed that for some people Valentine's Day can be a happy day; for others who are single it can be a reminder that they are single. However, some singles could be lucky on Valentine's Day by finding love. But at the same time, those who thought they had a perfect relationship can have heartbreaks too. This film is about finding, losing, and keeping love. 

This movie is for chick flick lovers, others may not appreciate it as much. Being a chick flick lover, I liked it because it was cute, funny, and romantic. Inspite of having some rom-com cliches, the film definitely had unexpected twists and turns. The way the storylines for each couple ended was different than I had envisioned. This film reminded me of He's Just Not That Into You, which I really liked. I think He's Just Not That Into You was better, but Valentine's Day was good too.  


Except for Eric Dane, who I thought was a little stiff, and Taylor Swift, who needs to brush up her acting skills a bit, I think the other main leads did a good job. I would also like to add that I am so happy to see that Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher, who I grew up watching in That 70's shows, have really evolved and matured as actors. They both were adorable back then but now they look even better and even more adorable. 

It was one of my most highly anticipated movies of the year and I don't regret spending $11 on it. So depending on how badly you want to see it, I leave it up to you as to whether you want to spend $11 on it or only $6 on a Tuesday night in a Multiplex cinema.  But if you are a chick flick lover, I'm sure you will enjoy it. 

Do share with me your favorite storyline in the movie. My most favorite was that of Topher Grace and Anne Hathaway's. My least favorite was Ashton Kutcher and Jennifer Garner's because they did not have good on-screen chemistry and their storyline was the most predictable. I thought the old couple's ending was cliche and Jessica Biel and Jamie Foxx did not have good on-screen chemistry either. The story line of Taylor Lautner and Taylor Swift was completely unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment