Monday, June 21, 2010

The 3D Obsession

It seems like every animated or CGI movie that has come out after Avatar is in 3D. What is this obsession with 3D? And if you are going to make a film in 3D, why not use the right technology and make it like Avatar? Why rip off the viewers by not showing the movie in real 3D? Case in point: Alice in Wonderland and from what I hear, also Shrek Forever After and Toy Story 3. All three movies sucked in 3D! As it is, now theaters charge $12 for a movie. So on top of that, if I am going to pay $3 more, I want to have an amazing experience like I did with Avatar. But unfortunately, none of the 3D movies that have come out after Avatar have been able to give the viewers that kind of experience. And yes, 3D may be where's the technological world is heading towards, but don't show me fake 3D, show me the real thing!!! So folks, save your $3 and go watch movies in 2D and you'll definitely have a far better movie experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment