Friday, January 22, 2010

Surprisingly good!

Who would've thought that I would actually like Hannah Montana: The Movie? Wow! I am just as surprised as you are. I thought the Disney show: Hannah Montana was awful. Judging from prior Disney movies based on shows, I was not expecting this movie to be as good as it turned out to be. When I saw the trailer, the story seemed interesting and that is why I decided to give it a shot. Ofcourse I waited for it come on DVD and was pleasantly surprised that it was actually good. The songs were also good especially Hoedown Throwdown/ Zig Zag. I have to admit I think Miley Cyrus is a much better actress than she is a singer. She maybe a good performer but I don't think she is a good singer because her voice is nasal and hoarse. 


I liked Hannah Montana: The Movie because the story was sweet and romantic. I think it was a funny, feel-good movie. The movie depicted that Miley Stewart has changed her name and look to Hannah Montana to pursue her dream of becoming a singer so she can continue to lead a normal life as Miley. However, in order to pursue her career, sometimes she ends up disappointing her friends and family. Since she seems to be losing her real identity, the real Miley because of Hannah Montana, her father tricks her and takes her to their hometown, Tennessee so she can be reminded of her roots. How she finds love and her true identity again in her hometown forms the main plot of the movie. 


I was upset that she was cast in The Last Song based on my favorite author, Nicholas Sparks' latest novel but now I am thinking she might not be so bad in that movie either. Keeping my fingers crossed till April 2nd! 

No comments:

Post a Comment